We offer advice and  representation in all Motoring Offence matters

Don’t delay. These matters need to be dealt with promptly.

Motoring Offences

If you’ve been charged with drink/drug driving, or other motoring offences, contact us for assistance today. We can help with special hardship orders and a variety of other solutions to your motoring offence matters.

Motoring Offences

In Queensland, any failure to obey the rules of the road while driving is deemed a traffic offence. These include unlicensed driving, driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, speeding, running a red light, careless driving and dangerous operation of a motor vehicle.

Depending on the type of offence and your driving record, punishments upon conviction can range from fines to the application and accrual of demerit points, or jail time.

Infringement notices

In many cases, the commission of a traffic offence results in an immediate fine or “infringement notice.” In some cases, you’ll get an infringement notice in the mail. This will tell you:

  • Which law/s have been violated
  • The amount of the fine
  • Where or how to pay
  • The deadline for payment

Failure to pay the fine on time prompts the State Penalties Enforcement Registry (SPER) to take the following actions:

  • Suspend your driver licence
  • Direct your bank to transfer funds from your account (to them)
  • Direct your employer deduct a certain amount from your wage each month
  • Register an interest over your property
  • Immobilize your vehicle
  • Seize and sell your property
  • Issue a warrant for your arrest and imprisonment

Demerit points

As noted above, the commission of certain traffic offences results in the application of demerit points on your driving history. This is a record of any offences for which you’ve been convicted relating to road rules, drink-driving, drug-driving, dangerous driving or vehicle registration.

The accrual of too many points may result in the suspension of your license for a specified period, or placement on a probationary driver’s license for a year.

The commission of offences involving excessive speeding will result in the immediate suspension of your license with no option for getting a probationary license.

When to contact us

Contact us for assistance with disputing a speeding fine, applying for a special hardship order, work licenses or disputing an infringement notice.

A special hardship order is an order that lets you drive under special conditions even though your normal driver licence has been suspended.

If you’ve been charged with a motoring offence, contact us today.

Kenmore Lawyers, a local law firm – Meet our friendly & professional legal team

Contact our firm for
an initial appointment.

Contact our legal
team today

Phone: (07) 3878 8801
Fax: (07) 3229 0636

Shop 1A, 2077 Moggill Road, Kenmore Qld 4069

Email: reception@kenmorelawyers.com.au

Please fill out the form below with your details regarding your legal matter and our team will get back to you at the earliest possibility.